Sunday, May 15, 2011

The iron sulfide thermite

Hi!
This is the second one of my promised series of blog post!
It's about a little experiment I did some weeks ago.
I wanted to cover iron stick with liquid iron sulfide,
so I could bring a nice layer of sulfur on some copper in an electrolysis.
To have some fun, I added the thermite process to the sulfurisation.
Here is how it looked like:


Well, quite impressive.
I didn't use the iron sulfide, but gave it to my friend C3H5N3O9 so he could make his copper-sulfur-plate.
I hope you liked this non-electronics-related experiment.

Apexys

2 comments:

  1. Stainless Steel Parts - Tiara Designs - TikTok
    We offer the Stainless Steel parts and the Titanium nano titanium flat iron Parts for the 2016 ford focus titanium Tiara Designs in the Kitchen keith titanium & Kitchen. titanium nail Shop Tiara Designs raft titanium for

    ReplyDelete